Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pump Up the Jam!

Today for Genghis Grill Health Kwest (www.genghisgrill.com), I was asked to make a playlist of songs I like to work out to, and also to write a blog listing the song titles, links to the artists' pages, and what exercises I like to do while listening to them. As you can probably guess from my list, I was definitely a teenager in the 90's, but I have learned to love some modern dance music too. Here is a link to my Workout playlist on Spotify:

http://open.spotify.com/user/12134474718/playlist/4BEptKpWE15epzQ0WYHn1n

And here is a list of my workout songs!

1. Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses (my favorite band in the entire world) - elliptical song http://www.gunsnroses.com

2. Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake - obviously because I am bringing sexy back, duh!- cardio song www.justintimberlake.com

3.  Just Dance - Lady Gaga - Need I say more? - cardio/eliptical - www.ladygaga.com

4. Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Zumba song! - www.macklemore.com

5. Dark Horse - Katy Perry - Another Zumba song! - www.katyperry.com

6. Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes - Ah! RIP Shannon Hoon. Did you know Shannon Hoon did 
the background vocals on "Don't Cry" by GNR. True story.  Good cardio song/jogging song too. www.vfemmes.com

7. Get Lucky - Daft Punk - Good cardio/jogging song too, and good for weight lifting and core training. - I have been a fan of 
theirs for YEARS; we go way back to my rave days.
www.facebook.com/daftpunk

8. Sexy and I Know It - LMFAO - We do this in Zumba a lot, getting our wiggle on! www.lmfaomusic.com

9. The Distance - Cake - This song always revs my engine! - I love doing this with cardio. It has such a nice stride. 
www.cakemusic.com

10. The Hand That Feeds - Nine Inch Nails - Gotta get back to my 90's rockstar roots - This is my angry, pent up, releasing 
my stress song.  www.nin.com

Hope you enjoy my playlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment